Cacophony of claims over Oraifite man, electrocuted in Ezinifite!


There is presently a cacophony of claims between the Enugu Electricity Distribution Company (EEDC) and the family of an electrocuted Oraifite man who allegedly went for healing prayers in Ezinifite, and was subsequently electrocuted there.

The EEDC says the yet to be officially identified man was suspected to be a vandal of its distribution equipment who has been electrocuted in Ezinifite, Aguata Local Government Area of Anambra, even as the family gave the deceased’s name, highlighting his mental conditions, while insisting that he was not a thief.

Mr Emeka Ezeh, Head of Communication of EEDC said in a Statement made available to newsmen on Sunday in Awka, that the man was allegedly trying to vandalise a substation when he met his untimely death.

He said the EEDC Feeder Manager in the area had reported the development at the police station while the corpse of the deceased had been deposited at a nearby morgue.

Ezeh further explained that the man was electrocuted in the early hours of Sunday, June 23, while attempting to vandalise the Civic Centre Distribution Substation, belonging to EEDC and located at Ezinifite, in Uga area of Anambra.

“The remains of the suspected vandal has been recovered and deposited at the mortuary by men of the Nigerian Police, Ekwulobia Division.

“The Feeder Manager, EEDC Service Centre, Uga, has made an entry at the station,” it stated.

Meanwhile, the Anambra State Police command has swung into action in a bid to confirm whose version is more correct, following the insistence of one Mrs Eunice Mmoma from Oraifite in Ekwusigo Local Government Area; who also identified the dead man as her brother, by name Onyeka Adennu also from Oraifite.

SP, Haruna Mohammed, the Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO) said Mmoma was in company of one Mr Emmanuel Ofor from Ezinifite who claimed to be the owner of Onyoko Ministry (Church) in Ezinifite Community.

According to Haruna, the woman also claimed the victim is her brother who had mental problem before his death.

“She stated that both of them came for a church programme on June 22 at Ezinifite and that when the programme finished at about 2:am, the victim disappeared and all efforts to get him proved abortive.

“Effort is ongoing to ascertain the veracity of her claim,” the PPRO said.


Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More