A source close to the family of the abducted persons told our correspondent that the gunmen called the line of the mother of the 12- year- old boy and asked that they be given the contact of the husband of the pregnant lady as well as that of the parents of the nine- year -old girl. They then demanded N10 milåion from each of them.
The 12- year- old boy was also abducted with his mother in the same compound but the mother who had last week sustained an injury from a fall from a motorcycle was unable to cope with the trek as she was limping and the gunmen abandoned her in the bush but went away with their other
”I ran to a nearby bush and hid until they left before I came out. It was this morning that we discovered that they left with the nine- year- old girl and the son of the woman who was abandoned but was able to find her way back to Juji this morning.”
Meanwhile, Saturday Nation learnt that, the police were in the area shortly after the incident.
Officials of the state government were also said to have visited the place this morning.
The police public relations officer, DSP Yakubu Sabo when contacted said he learnt there was an incident in the area.